By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic learn of sexual minorities in Africa, and considered one of only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and renowned media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social reports and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) with regards to neighborhood, nationwide, and international debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the type of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read Online or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
This ebook explores altering techniques of marriage and gender relationships and attitudes towards intercourse in a rural chinese language neighborhood during the last 5 a long time. The booklet is predicated on a research of an industrialized peasant village in Guangdong Province from 1994 to 1996 and next visits from 2000 to 2002.
Exploring the similarities and transformations among and throughout masculinities within the center East and the West, Postcolonial Masculinities avoids the consistent reinforcement of divisions and stereotypes created by means of the method of 'othering' and the complex discourse of the conflict of civilisations, interpreting as an alternative how subjectivities in Western and Arab societies are intertwined, working via envy of the opposite and the will to be without delay a similar and but essentially separate.
Intercourse. MACHT. SPASS. UND PROBLEME. In ihrem Debüt «Untenrum frei» schreibt die Autorin und Spiegel-Online-Kolumnistin Margarete Stokowski über die kleinen schmutzigen Dinge und über die großen Machtfragen. Es geht darum, wie die Freiheit im Kleinen mit der Freiheit im Großen zusammenhängt, und am Ende wird deutlich: Es ist dieselbe.
Own improvement is basically development of our Shadow selves--our adaptive subconscious within which is living our inner most senses of self, morality, intimacy, vulnerability, and spirituality. Shadow gentle deals a wealth of analysis, principles, and practices to aid us develop our Shadow selves and speed up own evolution.
- Uma História do Amor... com Final Feliz (Portuguese Edition)
- Gender and Envy
- The Madonna Painter
- Delinquent Daughters: Protecting and Policing Adolescent Female Sexuality in the United States, 1885-1920 (Gender and American Culture)
Additional info for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio